Here are the results of the study “Arab Media Outlook 2008-20012”. You’ll find the long version of the results in a PDF-version for download.
Recommendations for Arab Media:
- Development of strategies for the production and distribution of web based and mobile content
- Processing of archive material for sales on mobile devices
- Development of “Snack-TV”-content for sales on mobile devices
- Development of state-of-the-art web services with interactive elements, RSS-Feeds, Videos etc.
- Strengthening of online-profiles for outstanding journalists by own audio and video podcasts
- Co-operation with telecommunication enterprises
- Initiation of surveyed average viewing figures measurement
Recommendations for network suppliers
- Expansion of broad band connectivity and its quality
- Increase of connection of the region to a world-wide internet network
- Errection of micro payment plattforms for payment of digital contents
Recommendations for governments and authorities
- Active observation of international developments within content production and sales
- Allocation of control equipment which is necessary to advance investments in broad band connectivity
- Licensing of mobile TV-network
- Leading discussion with the private sector with regard to a digital dividend
- Development of practical training programmes for Arabic media professionals on all levels.
You can read the complete summary here (PDF, 20 Seiten, 84 KB): Summary_2008-2012
The original report by PriceWaterhouseCoopers can be found here: Study.